Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
July 25, 2017The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed defenseman Paul Geiger to a one-year, American Hockey League contract. The announcement was made by Vice President of Hockey Operations, Bryan Helmer.
Geiger, 24, spent his rookie campaign with the Rochester Americans last season. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound defender skated in 49 games with the Americans, compiling nine points (three goals, six assists), and 35 penalty minutes. Geiger also appeared in two games with the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL, notching one goal.
The native of Stouffville, Ontario has skated in 58 AHL games with Albany and Rochester, scoring 11 points (four goals, seven assists). Prior to turning professional, Geiger played four seasons of NCAA hockey at Clarkson University. He was an ECAC All-Rookie Team member in 2012-13, and was named an ECAC Hockey Third-Team All-Star in 2015-16. He served as team captain his junior and senior seasons and posted 51 points (13 goals, 38 assists) in 150 career NCAA games. Geiger was a four-time member of the ECAC All-Academic Team.
Information on full season tickets, 22-game and 12-game plans and flex-10 ticket plans for the 2017-2018 season is available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Flexible ticket plans start as low as $195 per seat.
(Geiger photo by Micheline Veluvolu/Rochester Americans)
- HotBears Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Saturday
- NewBears Recall Parker Milner from Stingrays
- NewCapitals Recall Lewington
- NewGame Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM
- Copley Earns Shutout in Shootout Loss
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM
- Weekly Release #6: Bears Prepare for Baby Pens and Defending Champs
- Capitals Assign Forward Riley Sutter to Hershey
- Capitals Assign Boyd and Lewington to Hershey
- Bears Comeback Late, Top Phantoms in Shootout