BEARS AGREE TO TERMS WITH FORWARD JOE DIAMOND
September 3, 2014HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has agreed to terms with forward Joe Diamond on a one-year American Hockey League contract. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Diamond, 25, completed his first full professional season in 2013-14, spending a majority of the year with the AHL’s Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Diamond recorded 12 points (seven goals, five assists) in 37 games with Bridgeport, and added nine points (one goal, eight assists) in 11 games with the ECHL’s Stockton Thunder.
The 5-8, 175-pound native of Long Beach, New York also appeared in 10 games with the Sound Tigers in 2012-13, following completion of his fourth year at the University of Maine (HE). Diamond served as captain of the Black Bears in his senior season, and led the squad in goals (14), shorthanded goals (two) and penalty minutes (147) while finishing second in points (24). His junior year was his most successful, as the forward tied for fifth in the NCAA in goals (25), tied for the national lead in power play goals (11) and established a career-best 47 points. He was also named to the Hockey East Second Team and earned a spot on the Hockey East All-Tournament Team.
In four years at Maine, Diamond amassed a total of 104 points (59 goals, 45 assists).
Information on group tickets and season tickets for the 2014-2015 Hershey Bears regular season is available by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are offered and start as low as $170.
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract