VETERAN FORWARD JAMIE JOHNSON JOINS BEARS
July 5, 2013HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Jamie Johnson to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Johnson, 31, will return to North America after his second stint playing overseas. Last season, Johnson played in 52 games with the KHL Dinamo Riga, recording 22 points (eight goals, 14 assists). He also played the 2008-09 season in Europe with Finland’s TPS Turku, tallying eight goals and 20 assists in 42 games.
In between his two years spent overseas, the 5-10, 185-pound native of London, Ontario had successful campaigns in the American Hockey League. His most recent AHL tenure was spent with the Grand Rapids Griffins, where he recorded 96 points (33 goals, 63 assists) in 154 games from 2010-2012, tying for the Griffins’ scoring lead in 2011-12. In 2009-10, Johnson put up career numbers with 27 goals, 44 assists and 71 points in all 80 games played as the scoring leader of the Rochester Americans.
In his 423-game AHL career, Johnson has racked up 282 points (96 goals, 186 assists) with Iowa, Bridgeport, Albany, Rochester and Grand Rapids.
Prior to turning pro, Johnson played four years of junior hockey with the OHL’s Sarnia Sting and Oshawa Generals, totaling 249 points (55 goals, 194 assists) in 262 career games.
Season tickets for the 2013-14 Hershey Bears regular season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are available and start as low as $165.
- NewBears Road Game Moved from Dec. 8 and Dec. 14
- Bears Games Dec. 4 and Dec. 5 Postponed
- Bears vs. Phantoms Games on Nov. 28 and Dec. 1 Postponed
- Amerks Down Bears 7-3 on Black Friday
- Game Preview: Bears at Americans, 7:05 P.M.
- Bears Win in Overtime Upon Video Review on Thanksgiving Eve
- Game Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 PM
- Malenstyn, Sgarbossa Recalled by Washington
- Weekly Release #6: Trio of Games Thanksgiving Week
- Roster Moves See Pilon, Jonsson-Fjallby Return to Hershey