BEARS SIGN FORWARD FRANCIS VERREAULT-PAUL TO ATO
April 4, 2012HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed forward Francis Verreault-Paul to an amateur tryout agreement. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Verreault-Paul, 24, joins the BEARS after capturing the CIS Championship as a member of the McGill University Redmen. The native of Roberval, PQ scored 21 goals and added 13 assists in 23 games this season, and chipped in another 13 playoff points in helping McGill win the title.
In four years at McGill, the 5-10, 188-pound forward has totaled 156 points (87 goals, 69 assists) to rank second on the Redmen’s all-time scoring list.
Verreault-Paul was the 2011 recipient of the Guy Lafleur trophy, awarded to the Quebec university player who best combines hockey performance with academic excellence.
Prior to his four years at McGill, Verreault-Paul played five years of junior hockey with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL), totaling 89 goals, 100 assists and 507 penalty minutes in 301 games. He was a teammate of current BEARS defenseman Julien Brouillette in Chicoutimi for four seasons.
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Matthew Weis to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Penn State Product Casey Bailey to PTO
- Bears Sign Forward Matt Moulson to AHL Deal