BEARS BRING BACK BYERS FOR 2013-14
June 26, 2013HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Dane Byers to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Byers, 27, was acquired by Hershey on April 2nd from AHL Oklahoma City in exchange for defenseman Garrett Stafford. Byers served as alternate captain for the Barons while appearing in 58 regular-season games.
The 6-3, 204-pound native of Nipawin, Saskatchewan is entering his ninth professional season. In 2011-12, Byers spent most of the campaign with the AHL’s Springfield Falcons, notching 16 goals, 23 assists and 108 penalty minutes while serving as team captain. He has appeared in a total of 448 AHL games with Hartford, Springfield, San Antonio, Oklahoma City and Hershey, piling up 248 points (106 goals, 142 assists) and 945 penalty minutes.
Byers has also played in 14 NHL games with the New York Rangers and Columbus Blue Jackets, recording one goal and 60 penalty minutes. He was originally selected by the New York Rangers in the second round (48th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Season tickets for the 2013-14 Hershey Bears regular season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Many different flexible plans are available and start as low as $165.
- Bears Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning