Capitals Recall Shepard from Hershey
December 2, 2023
The Washington Capitals, the National Hockey League affiliate of the Hershey Bears, announced today that they have recalled goaltender Hunter Shepard from Hershey. The announcement was made by Washington's president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Shepard, 28, has posted a 9-1-0 record with Hershey this season, owning a 2.66 goals-against average and a .898 save percentage. He has won his past five appearances with Hershey.
With Washington, he made his NHL debut and earned his first career win on Oct. 25 at New Jersey, and he improved his record to 2-0 with a 4-1 victory over the Islanders on Nov. 11, making 36 saves and earning first star honors.
The Bears continue the 2023-24 season, presented by Penn State Health, when they close out the weekend with their second game against the Charlotte Checkers at Bojangles' Coliseum tonight at 6 p.m. Hershey returns home to GIANT Center to host the Cleveland Monsters for Hometown Heroes Night, featuring military-themed activities and recognition throughout the evening, on Saturday, Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. Purchase tickets for the game by CLICKING HERE.
- Limoges Lifts Bears to 2-1 OT Win Against Amerks
- Bears Practice Schedule for Week of Feb. 26, 2024
- Pierrick Dube Makes NHL Debut with Capitals
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Americans, 7 p.m.
- Bears Take Down Penguins 4-1 in Return Home
- Capitals Recall Lapierre from Hershey
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 7 p.m.
- Bears Add Empey and O'Neil from South Carolina
- Weekly Release: Bears Return for Busy Home Weekend
- Bears Rally Against Rocket, Fall 3-2 in Shootout