Milner Shines, Bears Win on Hockey Fights Cancer Night
Bears goaltender Parker Milner stopped stopped 32 of 33 shots, and an additional seven shots in a shootout to backstop the Hershey Bears to a thrilling 2-1 win over the Hartford Wolf Pack on Sunday night at Giant Center. The evening was Hockey Fights Cancer Night as Hershey raised funds for the American Cancer Society and Four Diamonds.
Following a scoreless opening 20 minutes with shots in Hershey's favor, 9-8, the Wolf Pack opened the scoring in the second period. At 2:01, Matt Beleskey sneaked a knuckle-puck over the glove hand of Milner. Shots after 40 minutes were 20-17 Bears with Hartford leading 1-0. Hershey was 0-for-4 on the power play and 2-for-2 on the penalty kill through 40 minutes.
The Bears answered early in the third period to even the game at 1-1. Juuso Ikonen was credited with his first career AHL goal after redirecting a Connor Hobbs shot from the right wing at 1:49. Milner remained a wall in goal for Hershey and successfully killed a 5-on-3 power play late in the third period with a highlight reel stop. Both teams traded chances in sudden-death overtime, but a shootout was required to decide a victor. Both Milner and Hartford goaltender Marek Mazanec remained perfect in the skills competition until the seventh round. Aaron Ness put Hershey on the board in the shootout in round seven, and Bobby Butler missed the net to complete a thrilling 2-1 win for the Bears.
Hershey finished the weekend with a 6-7-0-1 record and return to action on Saturday, November 10 against the Springfield Thunderbirds at Giant Center. It's Hometown Heroes Night and United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 431 American Flag Night. All fans will receive an American Flag upon entering the arena, and discounted seating options are available to Military and First Responders. Ticket information is available online at HersheyBears.com.
- NewBears Blank Devils in 1-0 Overtime Win
- NewSaturday's Game in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Moved to 3:05 p.m.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Devils, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Bears Start Four-Game Road Trip
- Bears Sweep Home-and-Home with Lehigh Valley
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Samsonov's First AHL Shutout Helps Bears Snap Skid in Allentown
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- T-Birds Skate Past Bears With 6-2 Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.