Zajac Re-Assigned to Stingrays, Vanecek Returns to Bears
Vanecek, 21, returned from a lower-body injury last weekend, appearing in a pair of games with the Stingrays. He went 1-1-0, stopping 36 shots in a 3-2 loss at Greenville on Friday, and earning the victory with 22 saves in a 3-1 decision over Jacksonville on Sunday.
The 2014 second round selection of the Capitals went 18-10-7 last season for the Chocolate and White, and finished third among rookie goaltenders in the AHL with a 2.54 goals against average. He posted five shutouts, a mark tied for the second most in the AHL. The native of Havlickuv Brod, Czech Republic was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending on Dec. 18, 2016.
Zajac, 29, appeared in two games with Hershey this past weekend, tallying one assist. He has three points (one goal, two assists) in four games with the Stingrays this season.
The Bears are back in action this Wednesday night in Springfield, Massachusetts. Hershey visits the Springfield Thunderbirds for the first time this season. Puck drop is slated for 7:05 p.m. Voice of the Bears Zack Fisch has the call of the action. Pregame starts at 6:35 p.m. on the Hershey Bears Radio Network.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada