Bowey Recalled by Capitals
Bowey, 22, appeared in Hershey's lone game of the season last Saturday in Lehigh Valley, registering two penalty minutes. He has spent the past two seasons with the Chocolate and White, skating in 105 career games, scoring 43 points (seven goals, 36 assists) and posting a plus-26 rating.
The blue liner had 14 points in an injury shortened season in 2016-17 as a slight laceration of the tendon on his ankle on Dec. 28 caused him to miss 32 games. He returned in time for the playoffs, notching four points (two goals, two assists) in 10 games, including the overtime winning goal in Game 5 of the Atlantic Division Finals at Providence. A strong playoff performer, Bowey was part of the Hershey club that advanced to the 2016 Calder Cup Finals.
This is the first NHL recall for Bowey and the defender will join the Capitals ahead of their contest tonight in Philadelphia. Bowey was a second round selection (53rd overall) by Washington in the 2013 NHL Draft. The former Kelowna defender won a WHL championship with the Rockets in 2014-15, and also won a gold medal with Canada at the 2015 IIHF World Junior Championships.
The Hershey Bears 2017-18 season is here! The home opener is tonight at 7 p.m. versus Belleville. Information on the 2018 Capital BlueCross Outdoor Classic, full season tickets, 22-game and 12-game plans and flex-10 ticket plans for the 2017-2018 season is available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR or by visiting HersheyBears.com. Flexible ticket plans start as low as $195 per seat.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada