Statement on the Passing of Kenneth V. Hatt
"Mr. Hatt played a key role in the development of the Hershey Bears as the elite team in the American Hockey League," said VP of Hockey Operations Bryan Helmer. "His impact in Hershey, and his contributions to the hockey community will certainly not be forgotten."
"Even long after his retirement, Mr. Hatt was a fixture at Bears games, and always had a positive attitude and happy spirit. He served as an important bridge to our past and legacy, and was a wealth of institutional knowledge about Hershey and the community. He will be greatly missed," added John Lawn, President and CEO of HE&R. "On behalf of the entire Hershey Bears and HE&R family, we send our condolences to his family during this difficult time."
Hatt served as President and Chief Operating Officer of HERCO from 1980-86. A 1941 graduate of the Milton Hershey School, Hatt has been a lifelong and fundamental supporter of the Bears, particularly during his 52-year tenure as a HERCO executive. He served as Chairman of the Board of the Milton Hershey School and Hershey Trust and was named the school's Alumnus of the Year in 1962. He was a 2013 inductee into the Hershey Bears Hockey Club Hall of Fame.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada