Travis Boyd Re-Signs with Capitals
Boyd, 23, enjoyed an exceptional 2016-17 season in Hershey. He finished as the club's leading scorer with 63 points (16 goals, 47 assists) and ranked seventh overall in the AHL in scoring. Boyd, who was Hershey's PNC Team MVP, skated in the 2017 AHL All-Star Classic, and was named a 2016-17 AHL Second Team All-Star. The native of Hopkins, MN finished second on the team with a plus/minus rating of +19, and also posted 12 multi-point games, including a trio of three assist performances. In the 2017 Calder Cup Playoffs, Boyd finished tied for second on the team with eight points (one goal, seven assists) in 12 games.
The 5-foot-11 forward skated in all 76 games for Hershey last season, and is the AHL's active ironman with 153 consecutive regular season games played. In 154 career AHL games with Hershey, Boyd has scored 118 points (38 goals, 80 assists). The former University of Minnesota standout has also collected 17 points (three goals, 14 assists) in 33 playoff games, with all three of his goals being game-winning tallies.
Information on full season tickets, 22-game and 12-game plans and flex-10 ticket plans for the 2017-2018 season is available now by calling (717) 508-BEAR or by Flexible ticket plans start as low as $195 per seat.
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.