Goalie Adam Morrison Joins Bears on Tryout Agreement
(Hershey, PA- April 11, 2017)-The Hershey Bears hockey team announced today that goaltender Adam Morrison has signed a professional tryout agreement with the club.
Morrison, 26, joins Hershey from the Rapid City Rush of the ECHL. The native of White Rock, British Columbia went 16-17-4 with the Rush this season, posting a 2.79 goals against average and a .914 save percentage. He was named the CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week twice during the 2016-17 season, an honor he has earned four times in his ECHL career.
The netminder has appeared in 110 career ECHL games with Utah, South Carolina, Reading, Fort Wayne, Greenville, and Rapid City, posting a 49-40-8 record with a 2.77 goals against average, .912 save percentage, and eight shutouts. In 2014-15 with South Carolina, Morrison, along with teammate Jeff Jakaitis, set an ECHL record with the most collective shutouts in a season with 11.
Morrison has appeared in two career AHL games, both with the Providence Bruins. His most recent AHL appearance came on Nov. 22, 2014, a 5-2 loss to Springfield. The 6-foot-3, 194-pound goaltender was originally a third round selection of the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2009 NHL Draft.
Hershey continues its playoff push with the final two games of the regular season this weekend. The Bears visit Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Friday before returning home to Giant Center on Saturday. That evening is Team Awards Night and Dietz and Watson Ham Shoot Night as Hershey ends the season by hosting Providence at 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale now.
- Former Bears Aplenty in Stanley Cup Final
- Capitals Re-Sign Lewington to Two-Year Deal
- Capitals Re-Sign Defender Aaron Ness
- Bears Well Represented in Coaching World
- Bears Announce Schedule Format for 2018-19
- Bau Earns First NHL Contract with Capitals
- Two Bears Participating in IIHF World Championship
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Contracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000