BEARS SIGN RYAN POTULNY TO AHL DEAL
HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Ryan Potulny to an American Hockey League contract. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
Potulny, 29, returns to Chocolatetown after signing with Avangard Omsk (KHL) last May. He did not appear in any games.
Following his signing by the Washington Capitals to a two-year deal in July of 2011, Potulny played a total of 127 regular-season games in a Hershey sweater. In his first season with the Bears, the 6-0, 179-pound native of Grand Forks, North Dakota led the team and tied for third in the AHL with 33 goals. His 65 points placed him third among his Hershey teammates. Of his 33 tallies, 19 came on the power play, which paced the entire American Hockey League. Potulny also led the Bears with five game-winning goals.
In 2012-13, Potulny led the Bears with 19 goals, while his 41 points ranked fourth on the squad.
During through the season prior to joining the Bears, Potulny was acquired by the Ottawa Senators and came to the AHL to help the Binghamton Senators capture the Calder Cup championship. His 14 goals and 26 points in the 2011 run to the title led all postseason players.
A 2009 member of the Planet USA All-Star squad, Potulny has produced 299 points (147 goals, 152 assists) in 370 AHL games with Philadelphia, Springfield, Rockford, Binghamton and Hershey.
Potulny has also appeared in 126 NHL games with Philadelphia, Edmonton, Chicago and Ottawa, registering 49 points (22 goals, 27 assists). He was originally selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the third round (87th overall) in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
- Hershey Bears Make New Additions to Coaching & Equipment Staff
- Hershey Bears Announce New Broadcaster
- Bears Announce 2016-2017 Promotional & Theme Nights
- Bears Preseason Game Now On Sale
- Hershey Bears Announce 2016-2017 Schedule
- Hershey Bears New Community Report for 2015-2016 Season
- Hershey Bears Announce New Assistant Coach
- Bears Announce New VP of Hockey Operations
- Randall "Randy" Waybright Announces Retirement
- Hershey Bears Sign Hubert Labrie, Colby Williams & Parker Milner