BEARS SIGN EVAN BARLOW TO PTO
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed forward Evan Barlow to a professional tryout agreement. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Barlow, 27, was acquired by the Reading Royals in a recent ECHL trade from the San Francisco Bulls in exchange for forward Jesse Todd. In just four games with the Royals, Barlow has piled up 10 points (four goals, six assists) and a plus-10 rating. Prior to joining the Royals, he recorded two goals and three assists in nine games with San Francisco.
The 5-9, 184-pound native of Strathmore, AB spent the majority of last season with the San Antonio Rampage (AHL), finishing seventh in team scoring with 30 points (10 goals, 20 assists) in 57 games.
Prior to turning pro, Barlow played his college hockey at Cornell University (ECAC), finishing with 61 points (28 goals, 33 assists) in 126 career games. In his first year out of college in 2009-10, Barlow signed with the ECHL’s Idaho Steelheads and racked up 75 points (32 goals, 43 assists) and a plus-30 rating, helping the Steelheads to the Kelly Cup finals. Barlow also earned his first AHL experience in the 2009-10 season, registering one goal and three assists in eight contests with the Abbotsford Heat.
The BEARS are home to battle the Toronto Marlies tonight at 5:00 PM. The first 3,000 fans will receive a gift card to the Turkey Hill Experience. Tonight is also Breast Cancer Awareness Night, with many events taking place for charity throughout the evening. The BEARS will be wearing special breast cancer awareness jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game on the ice, with a portion of the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
Tickets for this game and all HERSHEY BEARS home games are on sale at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
- NewWeekly Release #16: Bears Look Ahead after Outdoor Classic
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game