BEARS SIGN JEFF MAY TO PTO
HERSHEY, Pa. – The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed defenseman Jeff May to a professional tryout agreement. The announcement was made by Bears President/GM Doug Yingst.
May, 27, joins the Bears after a successful season with the ECHL’s Las Vegas Wranglers. He tied for the team lead in scoring among defensemen with 25 points (11 goals, 14 assists) in 42 games played, and led all blueliners in goals scored. 2013-14 was the third season that May spent in Las Vegas, where he has accumulated 62 points (22 goals, 40 assists) in 115 career games. He was a member of the Wranglers’ 2012 Western Conference Championship team, a club guided by Bears assistant coach Ryan Mougenel.
The 6-1, 186-pound native of Richmond, British Columbia has a total of 21 points (four goals, 17 assists) in 143 AHL games played with Norfolk, Providence, San Antonio and Texas.
Prior to turning pro, May played five seasons of junior hockey with the WHL’s Prince Albert Raiders and Lethbridge Hurricanes, amassing 143 points (19 goals, 124 assists) in 310 career games.
May was originally selected by the Detroit Red Wings in the fifth round (151st overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- NewBears Announce 2016-2017 Promotional & Theme Nights
- Bears Preseason Game Now On Sale
- Hershey Bears Announce 2016-2017 Schedule
- Hershey Bears New Community Report for 2015-2016 Season
- Hershey Bears Announce New Assistant Coach
- Bears Announce New VP of Hockey Operations
- Randall "Randy" Waybright Announces Retirement
- Hershey Bears Sign Hubert Labrie, Colby Williams & Parker Milner
- Hershey Bears Re-Sign Joey Leach & Domenic Monardo for 2016-2017
- Bears Re-Sign Dustin Gazley for 2016-2017 Season