Hershey Bears Host 'Running for Rachel' Fundraiser
‘Running for Rachel’ Fundraiser
Join the Hershey Bears at Arooga’s for a Good Cause on February 19th
(Hershey, PA – February 3, 2014) - In support of a charity close to the hearts of the Arooga’s family, five of the locations of this Harrisburg-based sports bar chain will host a ‘Running for Rachel’ fundraiser event in partnership with the Hershey Bears on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Each of the locations will host a meet and greet with select Hershey Bears’ players, autograph signing, and give away discount Hershey Bears game tickets with donations to the charity (while supplies last).
WHAT:Running For Rachel fundraiser event in partnership with the Hershey Bears
WHEN:Wednesday, February 19, 2014 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Arooga’s 15: 1300 Camp Hill Bypass, Camp Hill, Pa 17011
- Arooga’s 11: 4713 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, Pa 17050
- Arooga’s 39: 4301 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg, Pa 17112
- Arooga’s 22: 7025 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg, Pa 17112
- Arooga’s Hershey: 637 E. Main St., Hummelstown, Pa 17036
Since her passing in November 2011, Rachel Guss’ family and friends continue on a mission to raise awareness and funds for gastrointestinal cancer research. On Sunday, April 27, 2014 runners and walkers are invited to join on City Island in Harrisburg to continue Rachel’s fight against cancer and honor her memory at the annual Running for Rachel 5K Walk/Run.
This will be the second consecutive year that Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar has joined with the Hershey Bears in fundraising efforts to support duodenal cancer research at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, which is the only institute of its kind in the United States that is devoted entirely to clinical research. Last year the event raised over $1,500 in just a couple of hours, and expectations are to significantly surpass that number this year.
Duodenal cancer is a rare form of cancer which affects the small intestine, and is extremely difficult to treat. You can help support Running for Rachel, and many others who continue this battle, by attending any of the following fundraising events hosted by Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar.
Here at Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar we strive to provide excellent food & super service to our present & future communities by utilizing the latest technology and earth conscious resources in the hospitality industry. Arooga's promises to offer our customers as well as our employees the greatest experience to keep them wanting more.
To always stay connected to your Hershey Bears, like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheHersheyBears and follow our twitter handle @TheHersheyBears.
- Lehigh Valley's Overtime Win in Game 3 Extends Series
- Game 3 Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Look for Sweep at Home Wednesday Night
- Bourque Leads Bears to Game 2 Win
- Walker's OT Goal Gives Hershey 1-0 Win in Game 1
- Stephenson Recalled by Washington
- Bears Weekly Release #26: Playoff Time
- Hershey Opens Playoffs Versus Rival Lehigh Valley
- Bears Blank Bruins, 3-0
- Bears Clinch Playoff Spot with 2-1 Win