JEFF TAFFE NAMED TO AHL SECOND ALL-STAR TEAM
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS, in conjunction with the American Hockey League, announced today that center Jeff Taffe has been named to the 2012-2013 AHL Second All-Star Team. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Taffe, 32, garners his first-ever AHL All-Star Team honor while entering the second weekend of April at the top of the league scoring race. Taffe has recorded 64 points (18 goals, 46 assists) in 67 games with the Bears, helping the club hold the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. His 46 assists are also tied for the AHL lead.
His 67th game with Hershey on April 7 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton was also the 600th of his American Hockey League career. Taffe needs just seven points to become the third Hershey player this season to reach 500 points in his AHL tenure (203-290-493).
The 6-3, 209-pound native of Hastings, Minnesota represented the Bears on the Eastern Conference roster at the 2013 Dunkin’ Donuts AHL All-Star Classic Weekend, held on January 27-28 in Providence, Rhode Island. Taffe was also a PlanetUSA All-Star in 2009 (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton) and in 2003 (Springfield).
Taffe has appeared in a total of 180 National Hockey League games with the Phoenix Coyotes, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Florida Panthers, Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota Wild, recording 46 points (21 goals, 25 assists). He was originally selected by the St. Louis Blues in the first round (30th overall) of the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.