BEARS ACQUIRE FORWARD MICHAEL LATTA FROM MILWAUKEE
HERSHEY, Pa.– The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the organization has acquired forward Michael Latta from the Nashville Predators. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
In exchange for prospect Filip Forsberg, the Capitals’ 11th overall selection in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Latta comes to Chocolatetown from the AHL’s Milwaukee Admirals. In parts of three seasons since turning pro, Latta has appeared in 122 games in Milwaukee and produced 63 points (23 goals, 40 assists) along with 286 penalty minutes and a cumulative plus-18 efficiency rating.
The 6-0, 213-pound native of St. Clements, ON played five seasons of junior hockey with the OHL’s Ottawa 67’s and Guelph Storm, recording 247 points (103 goals, 144 assists) and 485 penalty minutes in 241 career games.
Latta was originally selected by Nashville in the third round (72nd overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The BEARS will visit the Syracuse Crunch for a 7:30 PM matchup on Friday, April 5 at the Oncenter War Memorial. The two teams then face off next Saturday, April 6 at 7:00 PM at GIANT Center. The first 3,000 fans will receive a BEARS logo golf ball courtesy of Fairview Golf Course. Tickets for the two remaining BEARS home games may be purchased at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR or online at TicketMaster.com.
- NewDivision Finals Game 1 Preview: Penguins at Bears
- Bears Eliminate Pirates in Another Tight Contest
- Bears Shut Down Pirates, Force Deciding Game
- Pirates Edge Bears in Triple Overtime
- Division Semifinals Game 3 Preview: Pirates at Bears
- Hershey Weekly Release & Practice Schedule - Week 29
- Bears Power Past Pirates to Even Series
- Comeback Effort Falls Short as Pirates Take Game One
- Bears Sign Domenic Monardo to PTO
- Vanecek Shines in AHL Debut as Bears Down Penguins