CAPITALS ACQUIRE NICOLAS DESCHAMPS FROM TORONTO
HERSHEY, Pa.– The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the organization has acquired forward Nicolas Deschamps from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for defenseman Kevin Marshall. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Deschamps, 23, has recorded 16 points (seven goals, nine assists) and 26 penalty minutes in 50 games with the AHL’s Toronto Marlies.
Last season the native of Lasalle, Quebec, played in all 17 Calder Cup playoff games for the Marlies, recording 12 points (three goals, nine assists). He also appeared in 40 regular season games registering 30 points (seven goals, 23 assists) and 14 penalty minutes.
The 6’1”, 182-pound left winger was originally drafted by Anaheim in the second round (35th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He began his junior career with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens and won the Michel Bergeron Trophy as the QMJHL’s offensive rookie of the year, and was named to both the QMJHL and CHL All-Rookie Teams.
Marshall collected five points (one goal, four assists) and 77 penalty minutes in 52 games with Hershey this season.
The HERSHEY BEARS are home for a pair of games this Saturday, March 16 at 7:00 PM against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers and on Sunday, March 17 at 5:00 PM against the Adirondack Phantoms. The first 5,000 fans through the gates on Saturday will receive a t-shirt courtesy of Penn State Hershey Medical Center. The first 3,500 fans on Sunday will receive a gift card to Hershey CKC Pharmacy. Also on Sunday, the BEARS will wear special St. Patrick’s Day themed jerseys which will be auctioned off for charity following the game.
Single seats remain for both nights, and are available at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR or online at TicketMaster.com.
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule
- Capitals Re-Sign Liam O'Brien