BEARS RECALL ALEX BERRY FROM READING ROYALS
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has recalled forward Alex Berry from the ECHL’s Reading Royals. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Berry, 26, has appeared in 13 games with the Royals and has recorded 10 points (four goals, six assists) to tie for the team lead in scoring.
The 6-2, 220-pound native of Danvers, MA missed the entire 2011-12 season due to injury. During the previous season, Berry posted AHL career highs in goals (14), assists (20), points (34) and penalty minutes (150) in 75 games with the Norfolk Admirals. He was also selected as Norfolk’s IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year for his efforts in the community.
Berry spent most of the 2009-10 season with the AHL Toronto Marlies, appearing in 55 games and totaling seven points (three goals, four assists). He also recorded five assists in five regular-season games with the Royals, and went on to help Reading into the American Conference finals with two goals and four assists in 16 Kelly Cup playoff contests.
Prior to turning pro, Berry played four years of college hockey at UMass-Amherst (HE), where he lettered in all four years and put up 62 points (29 goals, 33 assists) in 124 career games.
The BEARS will travel north to battle the Syracuse Crunch on Friday, November 16 at 7:30 PM. The team returns home to take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Saturday, November 17 at 7:00 PM. Tickets for this game and all HERSHEY BEARS home games are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
- NewGame 5 Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 5:05 p.m.
- NewPhantoms Top Bears 4-1 to Force Decisive Game 5
- Game 4 Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Stephenson Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Lehigh Valley's Overtime Win in Game 3 Extends Series
- Game 3 Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Look for Sweep at Home Wednesday Night
- Bourque Leads Bears to Game 2 Win
- Walker's OT Goal Gives Hershey 1-0 Win in Game 1
- Stephenson Recalled by Washington