FORWARD MATT CLACKSON SIGNED FOR 2012-2013
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have signed forward Matt Clackson to a one-year contract, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Clackson will earn $525,000 at the NHL level and $75,000 at the AHL level.
Clackson, 27, recorded one goal, one assist and 193 penalty minutes in 43 games with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League (AHL) last season. Clackson finished first on Chicago and eighth in the AHL in penalty minutes in 2011-12. The 6’0”, 190-pound forward has collected seven goals, 14 assists and 767 penalty minutes in 247 career AHL games with Chicago, Adirondack and Philadelphia.
The Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, native was originally drafted by the Philadelphia Flyers in the seventh round (215th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He played three seasons at Western Michigan University (2005-08) and his father, Kim Clackson, played in 106 career NHL games with Pittsburgh and Quebec from 1979-81.
- Bears Preseason Game Now On Sale
- Hershey Bears Announce 2016-2017 Schedule
- Hershey Bears New Community Report for 2015-2016 Season
- Hershey Bears Announce New Assistant Coach
- Bears Announce New VP of Hockey Operations
- Randall "Randy" Waybright Announces Retirement
- Hershey Bears Sign Hubert Labrie, Colby Williams & Parker Milner
- Hershey Bears Re-Sign Joey Leach & Domenic Monardo for 2016-2017
- Bears Re-Sign Dustin Gazley for 2016-2017 Season
- Hershey Bears Re-Sign Ryan Bourque for 2016-2017 Season