BEARS SIGN DEFENSEMAN JAYNEN RISSLING TO TRYOUT AGREEMENT
Rissling, 19, joins the Bears following the completion of his fourth season with the WHL’s Calgary Hitmen. The blueliner led the team in penalty minutes (122) in 2012-13, but also chipped in 28 points (five goals, 23 assists) in 61 games. He added a plus-35 efficiency rating, which ranked third among his teammates.
The 6-4, 222-pound native of Edmonton, Alberta has totaled 80 points (15 goals, 65 assists) in 219 career games in Calgary. The nephew of former Bears forward Gary Rissling was a part of the Hitmen team that claimed the regular-season points title and Ed Chynoweth Cup as WHL playoff champions in 2009-10.
Rissling was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the seventh round (197th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.