BEARS, BRUINS TO BATTLE IN EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINAL
HERSHEY, Pa.- With a 4-2 win over the Manchester Monarchs on Sunday evening, the Hershey Bears have clinched the eighth and final playoff spot and earned the right to face the Providence Bruins in the Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.
The two teams will play a 2-2-1 format, with the Bears opening on the road in Rhode Island having earned the lower seed. The series will shift to Hershey for Game Three and, if necessary, Game Four.
In conjunction with the American Hockey League, the Bears announce the following Eastern Conference quarterfinal schedule for the best-of-five series:
Game One – Friday, April 26, 7:05 PM – Hershey at Providence (Dunkin’ Donuts Center)
Game Two – Sunday, April 28, 3:05 PM – Hershey at Providence (Dunkin’ Donuts Center)
Game Three – Saturday, May 4, 7:00 PM – Providence at Hershey (GIANT Center)
Game Four – Sunday, May 5, 5:00 PM – Providence at Hershey (GIANT Center) *
Game Five – Wednesday, May 8, 7:05 PM – Hershey at Providence (Dunkin’ Donuts Center) *
* If Necessary
Tickets for Game Three of the series are on sale at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule
- Capitals Re-Sign Liam O'Brien
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Kelly Zajac
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Dustin Gazley
- Capitals Sign Forward Wayne Simpson