BEARS SIGN TWO TO AMATEUR TRYOUTS
Stephenson, 18, recently completed his third season of junior hockey with the Regina Pats (WHL), where he finished third on the squad in assists (31) and points (45) and fourth in goals (14) in 46 games played. The 5-11, 191-pound native of Saskatoon, SK has totaled 106 points (43 goals, 63 assists) in 161 career games over three years with the Pats.
Stephenson was selected by the Washington Capitals in the third round (77th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry draft, and participated in the Capitals’ 2012 summer development camp.
Cajkovsky, 20, finished his third junior season and second with the OHL’s Ottawa 67’s. In 66 games, Cajkovsky’s 10 goals, 24 assists and 34 points all ranked second among Ottawa defensemen.
The 6’3, 208-pound native of Bratislava, Slovakia recorded 55 points (13 goals, 42 assists) and 209 penalty minutes over two seasons with Ottawa, and added 15 points (four goals, 11 assists) in 67 games with the OHL’s Kingston Frontenacs in 2010-11.
Following a Friday, March 29 visit to face the Albany Devils at 7:00 PM, the HERSHEY BEARS will return home on Saturday, March 30 for a 7:00 PM matchup against the Providence Bruins. All fans in attendance will receive a ticket to Pocono International Raceway for the June 8th NASCAR Event Weekend, and all fans will also have the opportunity to come down onto the ice post-game for the Dietz and Watson Ham Shoot and a chance to win Easter food items.
Tickets for the three remaining BEARS home games may be purchased at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR or online at TicketMaster.com.
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.