FORWARD STANISLAV GALIEV RETURNS TO HERSHEY
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that forward Stanislav Galiev has been reassigned from the ECHL’s Reading Royals. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Galiev, 20, has appeared in 12 games with the Royals since being reassigned on November 14. Ha paid immediate dividends, recording his first professional goal on November 28 before notching nine points (five goals, four assists) and a plus-seven rating in six December contests. Among Galiev’s monthly highlights were two game-winning goals and his first professional hat trick on December 15.
The 6-1, 191-pound native of Moscow, Russia has one assist and a shootout-winning goal in nine games with HERSHEY.
Galiev played 20 just games in an injury-shortened season with the Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL) in 2011-12, his last year of junior hockey, and still managed 13 goals and six assists. He led the Sea Dogs to the Memorial Cup Finals for the second consecutive season with 34 points (16 goals, 18 assists) in 17 postseason games, and won the title in 2011. He finished his career in Saint John with 144 points (65 goals, 79 assists) in 151 games.
Galiev was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the third round (86th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The BEARS are home to host the Norfolk Admirals tomorrow, December 19 at 7:00 PM. All fans will receive a complimentary pass to HERSHEYPARK valid through July 4, 2013. A limited number of single seats and standing-room areas remain. Tickets for this game and all HERSHEY BEARS home games may be purchsed at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
- NewTonight's Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears
- NewDefenseman Joey Leach Returns to Stingrays
- Join the Hershey Bears at Arooga's for a Great Cause
- Jakub Vrana Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Bears Trounce Senators, Extend Win Streak to Five
- Bears Roar Past Phantoms
- Bears Bombard B-Sens, Extend Point Streak to 10
- Barber's Hat Trick Helps Bears Cruise Past Crunch
- Bears upend Crunch to snap long skid in Syracuse
- Devils claim victory in overtime over Bears