JULIEN BROUILLETTE REJOINS BEARS FROM READING
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Julien Brouillette from the Reading Royals (ECHL). The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Brouillette, 25, returned to the ECHL for the first time since the 2010-11 season and appeared for the Royals in Wednesday night’s game against the Trenton Titans.
The 5-11, 194-pound native of St. Esprit, PQ recorded AHL career highs last season in games played (74), goals (seven), assists (14), and points (21). His goal and point totals ranked third among BEARS defensemen, and his assist total ranked second among fellow blueliners.
Brouillette spent a majority of the 2010-11 season with the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters, where he contributed 17 points (two goals, 15 assists) and a plus-17 rating in 49 games played. He has a total of 43 points (10 goals, 33 assists) and a plus-15 rating in 148 AHL games with Providence, Hartford, Charlotte, Lake Erie and HERSHEY.
Prior to turning pro, Brouillette played four years of junior hockey with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL), where he posted 123 points (27 goals, 96 assists) in 227 career games.
The BEARS will play their home opener on Saturday, October 20 with a 7:00 PM faceoff against the Rochester Americans. The first 8,000 fans will receive a team schedule magnet courtesy of PNC Bank, and all fans will receive a commemorative 75th anniversary-wrapped HERSHEY chocolate bar upon exiting. Individual tickets for this game and all HERSHEY BEARS home games are currently on sale at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
- Bears Pull One Win Away from Calder Cup Finals
- Camper Does it Again as Bears Down Marlies in Overtime
- Bears Smother Marlies, Grab Game One Victory
- Bears, ABC27 Announce Road Broadcast Schedule
- WEEKLY RELEASE & PRACTICE SCHEDULE - WEEK 32
- Bears to Face Marlies in Eastern Conference Finals
- Bears Defeat Penguins in OT, Advance to Conference Finals
- Bears Fall to Penguins, Will Host Game Seven
- Bears Push Penguins to Brink with Big Game Five Win
- Hershey Weekly Release & Schedule - Week 31