HERSHEY BEARS TOP AHL ATTENDANCE FOR 6TH STRAIGHT SEASON
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has once again topped the American Hockey League in attendance, setting new club records in the process. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
In the AHL’s newly-shortened regular season schedule – each team played 38 games on the road and at home in 2011-12 – a total of 375,146 fans took to their seats at GIANT Center. The average crowd per game was 9,872, up from last season’s average of 9,800.
Additionally, two new club records were set in the 2011-12 season. 10,901 fans visited on February 12 in a game against the Norfolk Admirals, setting a new record for the largest regular-season home crowd in team history. This was also one of 23 crowds of over 10,000 since opening night in October, marking another HERSHEY BEARS Hockey Club record.
The BEARS’ largest total attendance was 392,005 fans, tallied during the 2010-11, 40-home-game regular season.
The 2012-13 season will mark the HERSHEY BEARS’ 75th anniversary in the American Hockey League. Season ticket plans are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR, with many different flexible plans available. Season ticket plans start as low as $165.
- NewGame 3 Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- NewWeekly Release #27: Bears Look for Sweep at Home Wednesday Night
- Bourque Leads Bears to Game 2 Win
- Game 2 Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- Walker's OT Goal Gives Hershey 1-0 Win in Game 1
- Stephenson Recalled by Washington
- Game 1 Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- Bears Weekly Release #26: Playoff Time
- Hershey Opens Playoffs Versus Rival Lehigh Valley
- Bears Blank Bruins, 3-0