BEARS SIGN DEFENSEMAN CAMERON SCHILLING TO TRYOUT AGREEMENT
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed defenseman Cameron Schilling to an amateur tryout agreement. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Schilling, 23, spent last season with Miami University of Ohio and recorded 14 points (one goal, 13 assists), 20 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating in 39 games as a senior. He helped Miami to a 24-15-2 record during the regular season before falling to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell in the NCAA tournament. Schilling also helped Miami finish the regular season with the top-ranked defense in the CCHA (1.97 goals per game).
The 6-2, 197-lb. defenseman played in 144 games during his four-year collegiate career, totaling 57 points (eight goals, 49 assists). He was a member of two NCAA All-Regional Teams (2008-2010) and helped Miami win the 2010-11 CCHA Championship.
The native of Carmel, Indiana, spent the 2007-08 season with the Indiana Ice (USHL), putting up 10 points (two goals, eight assists) in 55 games.
Schilling was signed on Tuesday by the Washington Capitals to a two-year entry-level contract, effective at the start of the 2012-13 season.
- New2016-17 Season Wrap-up Release
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4
- Paul Carey Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Game 4 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.