BEARS SIGN DEFENSEMAN CAMERON SCHILLING TO TRYOUT AGREEMENT
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed defenseman Cameron Schilling to an amateur tryout agreement. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Schilling, 23, spent last season with Miami University of Ohio and recorded 14 points (one goal, 13 assists), 20 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating in 39 games as a senior. He helped Miami to a 24-15-2 record during the regular season before falling to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell in the NCAA tournament. Schilling also helped Miami finish the regular season with the top-ranked defense in the CCHA (1.97 goals per game).
The 6-2, 197-lb. defenseman played in 144 games during his four-year collegiate career, totaling 57 points (eight goals, 49 assists). He was a member of two NCAA All-Regional Teams (2008-2010) and helped Miami win the 2010-11 CCHA Championship.
The native of Carmel, Indiana, spent the 2007-08 season with the Indiana Ice (USHL), putting up 10 points (two goals, eight assists) in 55 games.
Schilling was signed on Tuesday by the Washington Capitals to a two-year entry-level contract, effective at the start of the 2012-13 season.
- NewLindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here
- Bears Fall to Phantoms in Season Opener, 7-2