BEARS SIGN DEFENSEMAN CAMERON SCHILLING TO TRYOUT AGREEMENT
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed defenseman Cameron Schilling to an amateur tryout agreement. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Schilling, 23, spent last season with Miami University of Ohio and recorded 14 points (one goal, 13 assists), 20 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating in 39 games as a senior. He helped Miami to a 24-15-2 record during the regular season before falling to the University of Massachusetts-Lowell in the NCAA tournament. Schilling also helped Miami finish the regular season with the top-ranked defense in the CCHA (1.97 goals per game).
The 6-2, 197-lb. defenseman played in 144 games during his four-year collegiate career, totaling 57 points (eight goals, 49 assists). He was a member of two NCAA All-Regional Teams (2008-2010) and helped Miami win the 2010-11 CCHA Championship.
The native of Carmel, Indiana, spent the 2007-08 season with the Indiana Ice (USHL), putting up 10 points (two goals, eight assists) in 55 games.
Schilling was signed on Tuesday by the Washington Capitals to a two-year entry-level contract, effective at the start of the 2012-13 season.
- Camper Does it Again as Bears Down Marlies in Overtime
- Bears Smother Marlies, Grab Game One Victory
- Bears, ABC27 Announce Road Broadcast Schedule
- WEEKLY RELEASE & PRACTICE SCHEDULE - WEEK 32
- Bears to Face Marlies in Eastern Conference Finals
- Bears Defeat Penguins in OT, Advance to Conference Finals
- Bears Fall to Penguins, Will Host Game Seven
- Bears Push Penguins to Brink with Big Game Five Win
- Hershey Weekly Release & Schedule - Week 31
- Bears Edged by Penguins in Overtime, Series Square