GOALTENDER PHILIPP GRUBAUER REASSIGNED TO STINGRAYS
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has returned goaltender Philipp Grubauer to the South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL). The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Grubauer served as backup to Dany Sabourin in Sunday’s overtime victory over the Springfield Falcons.
Grubauer, 20, holds a record of 22-12-5 with one shutout in 40 appearances with the Stingrays this season. His 22 wins, 2,376 minutes played and goals-against average of 2.30 all rank third overall in the ECHL, while his .916 save percentage ranks sixth.
The 6-0, 180-lb. goaltender has already earned several league accolades during his first professional season, including the Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week (October 31-November 6), ECHL Goaltender of the Month (November) and the Reebok Hockey ECHL Rookie of the Month (January).
The Rosenheim, Germany native has a cumulative junior career record of 52-36-10 in 105 games with Belleville, Windsor and Kingston of the OHL. He was a member of the Windsor’s 2010 Memorial Cup Championship team.
Grubauer was selected by the Washington Capitals in the fourth round (112th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Bears Preseason Game Now On Sale
- Hershey Bears Announce 2016-2017 Schedule
- Hershey Bears New Community Report for 2015-2016 Season
- Hershey Bears Announce New Assistant Coach
- Bears Announce New VP of Hockey Operations
- Randall "Randy" Waybright Announces Retirement
- Hershey Bears Sign Hubert Labrie, Colby Williams & Parker Milner
- Hershey Bears Re-Sign Joey Leach & Domenic Monardo for 2016-2017
- Bears Re-Sign Dustin Gazley for 2016-2017 Season
- Hershey Bears Re-Sign Ryan Bourque for 2016-2017 Season