BEARS ACQUIRE KEVIN MARSHALL, MIKE CARMAN
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals acquired defenseman Kevin Marshall from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for right wing Matt Ford and acquired center Mike Carman from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Danny Richmond, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Both players will report to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Marshall, 22, has recorded five points (two goals, three assists) and 55 penalty minutes in 32 games this season with the Adirondack Phantoms of the AHL. The Boucherville, Quebec, native made his NHL debut on Nov. 21 vs. Carolina and has appeared in 10 NHL games, collecting eight penalty minutes, with the Philadelphia Flyers. In 185 career AHL games, Marshall has registered 28 points (seven goals, 21 assists) and 255 penalty minutes.
The 6’1”, 207-pound defenseman was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the second round (41st overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Carman, 23, has tallied six points (three goals, three assists) and 10 penalty minutes in 28 games this season with the Lake Erie Monsters of the AHL. The native of Apple Valley, Minnesota, has collected 25 points (14 goals, 11 assists) and 79 penalty minutes in 107 career AHL games and was a member of Team USA at three different World Junior Championship tournaments from 2006-2008.
The 6’0”, 185-pound center was originally drafted by Colorado in the third round (81st overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
Ford registered 28 points (10 goals, 18 assists) in 39 games with Hershey this season while Richmond tallied four assists in 24 games with Hershey.
- NewBears Blanked by Penguins in Series Opener
- Bears Eliminate Pirates in Another Tight Contest
- Bears Shut Down Pirates, Force Deciding Game
- Pirates Edge Bears in Triple Overtime
- Division Semifinals Game 3 Preview: Pirates at Bears
- Hershey Weekly Release & Practice Schedule - Week 29
- Bears Power Past Pirates to Even Series
- Comeback Effort Falls Short as Pirates Take Game One
- Bears Sign Domenic Monardo to PTO
- Vanecek Shines in AHL Debut as Bears Down Penguins