CODY EAKIN ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have assigned forward Cody Eakin to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.
Eakin, 20, has collected eight points (four goals, four assists) and a plus-three rating in 27 NHL games this season. He made his NHL debut on Nov. 1 vs. Anaheim and recorded his first NHL point (an assist) and scored his first NHL goal on Nov. 4 at Carolina.
Eakin has recorded 15 points (seven goals, eight assists) in 18 games with Hershey in the AHL this season. Eakin appeared in four regular-season games for Hershey during the 2009-10 season (two goals) and played in five postseason games as Hershey won the 2010 Calder Cup.
The Winnipeg, Manitoba, native helped Canada earn a silver medal at the World Junior Championship last season and helped guide the Kootenay Ice to the Western Hockey League (WHL) championship. Eakin finished the Memorial Cup playoff round tied for second in points (six) and his three goals scored tied for third. He collected 239 points (118 goals, 121 assists) in 238 career WHL games.
- Schedule for Opening Week of Training Camp
- Bears Sign Five to Professional Tryout Agreements
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Dylan Margonari
- Broadcast Blog: The Countdown is On
- Filepas Named Assistant Equipment Manager
- Bears Announce 2017-18 Promo Schedule
- Preseason Tickets On Sale Now!
- Statement on the Passing of Kenneth V. Hatt
- Bears Sign Defender Tommy Hughes
- Outdoor Classic Tickets On Sale Now!