BEARS TAKE OVER FIRST PLACE WITH 8-1 WIN OVER SENS
10/10/2009 - BEARS BLAST BINGHAMTON TO REMAIN UNBEATEN The battle of the East Division unbeatens Saturday night fell in HERSHEY'S favor in a big way. The BEARS scored eight unanswered goals to defeat the Binghamton Senators 8-1 at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, taking over sole possession of first place in the East Division race. After Denis Hamel scored for Binghamton just 2:51 into the game, the Senators never scored again. In the meantime, Alexandre Giroux potted two in the first period to give the BEARS a lead they would never relinquish. Andrew Joudrey, Steve Pinizzotto, Darren Reid and Kyle Wilson all scored single goals in the second period to blow the game wide open. Wilson and Andrew Gordon would tally power play goals in the third period to round out the scoring. Goaltender Jason Bacashihua made 32 saves to earn the victory, while former Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguin Andy Chiodo suffered the loss. Chiodo allowed six goals on 29 shots in the setback. BEARS Radio Network Three Stars of the game: 1. Alexandre Giroux (Two goals, including the game-winner) 2. Jason Bacashihua (First Hershey win, one goal allowed) 3. Andrew Gordon (Three point night) Notes: The BEARS return home Sunday to face the Manchester Monarchs at Giant Center. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available at the Giant Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. Rookie Zach Miskovic made his AHL debut in the game, wearing #25. The appearance by Bacashihua was his first in a HERSHEY uniform.
- NewWeekly Release #27: Bears Look for Sweep at Home Wednesday Night
- Bourque Leads Bears to Game 2 Win
- Game 2 Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- Walker's OT Goal Gives Hershey 1-0 Win in Game 1
- Stephenson Recalled by Washington
- Game 1 Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.
- Bears Weekly Release #26: Playoff Time
- Hershey Opens Playoffs Versus Rival Lehigh Valley
- Bears Blank Bruins, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7:05 p.m.