BEARS HEAD TO BINGHAMTON SATURDAY
10/09/2009 - HERSHEY will look to take sole possession of first place in the East Division Saturday night, taking on the unbeaten Binghamton Senators at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. Faceoff is at 7:05 p.m. Rookie goaltender Braden Holtby looked like anything but Friday as he made 38 saves and shutout the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 3-0 at Wachovia Arena. The Penguins have now failed to score a goal in three straight regular and postseason games against HERSHEY dating back to Game 6 of the East Division Finals this past May. Darren Reid, Boyd Kane and Keith Aucoin each scored a goal in the winning effort Friday for the BEARS. Binghamton enters play Saturday at 2-0-0-0 after defeating the Syracuse Crunch Friday 6-2. The Senators trailed 2-0 after one and scored six unanswered to win going away Friday in the southern tier. The Senators and BEARS are the only two unbeaten teams left in the East Division heading into Saturday's action. Elsewhere around the East Division Saturday, the Albany River Rats will host the Rochester Americans at 7:00 p.m., the Penguins are at home to see Bridgeport at 7:05 p.m. and the Norfolk Admirals will host the Manchester Monarchs for a second straight night at Scope at 7:15 p.m. The Adirondack Phantoms, coming off its first win in Glens Falls, is on the road in Syracuse Saturday. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM and www.Sportsjuice.com) beginning at 6:45 p.m. eastern. John Walton has the call of the action from Binghamton. HERSHEY returns home to play Manchester on Sunday, the top affiliate of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings. Face-off Sunday is at 7:00 p.m. Tickets available at the Giant Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewContracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week