BEARS AT PENGUINS FRIDAY NIGHT
10/09/2009 - A busy weekend awaits the HERSHEY BEARS, as the club heads to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Friday to take on the Penguins at 7:05 p.m. The game is the first of three games in as many nights for the Chocolate and White, with a date in Binghamton scheduled for Saturday night prior to a 7:00 p.m. home game Sunday against Manchester at GIANT Center. Following a 3-1 win over the Norfolk Admirals this past Saturday at home to open the regular season, the BEARS start to get into the meat of the schedule on Friday, playing three games this weekend and two more on the road next weekend. In all, HERSHEY will play eight games in the next 17 days starting Friday. Earlier this week, the Washington Capitals assigned left wing Boyd Kane to HERSHEY. He is expected to be in the lineup Friday when the BEARS travel up I-81. As goaltender Michal Neuvirth recovers from a lower body injury, the Chocolate and White continue to carry three goalies on its roster. All three could see playing time this weekend as the BEARS play two games within the East Division on the road before returning home on Sunday. Elsewhere around the East Division Friday, the Albany River Rats are at home Friday, playing host to the Portland Pirates at Times Union Center at 7:00 p.m. Syracuse comes to call in Binghamton Friday at 7:05 p.m., Norfolk is at home with Manchester at 7:15 p.m. and Adirondack welcomes the Springfield Falcons to Glens Falls Friday at 7:30 p.m. Friday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM and www.Sportsjuice.com) beginning at 6:40 p.m. eastern. John Walton has the call of the action from Wilkes-Barre Township. HERSHEY returns home to play Manchester on Sunday, the top affiliate of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings. Face-off Sunday is at 7:00 p.m. Tickets available at the Giant Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest