BEARS FALL TO PENS IN PRESEASON ACTION FRIDAY
09/25/2009 - HERSHEY dropped its first exhibition game of the season Friday night, falling to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 4-2 at GIANT Center. After falling behind 2-0 into the second period, the BEARS would rally with a goal from Joe Finley from the top of the left circle. The Penguins would score the next two goals before Michael Dubuc rounded out the scoring with his first goal of the preseason at 18:21 of the third period. HERSHEY split up time between its two goaltenders Friday night, with Jason Bacashihua and Todd Ford each surrendering two goals apiece. Kevan Veilleux led the Pens on Friday with two goals. The loss dropped the BEARS to 0-1 on the preseason with two games remaining before the regular season begins October 3. Notes: The BEARS will play its second game in as many nights Saturday, taking on the Penguins at Wachovia Arena. Face-off up I-81 is at 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY will return home to close out the 2009 preseason Sunday afternoon with a home date against the Norfolk Admirals. Tickets for Sunday's 5:00 p.m. start are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. The Washington Capitals announced Friday that Mathieu Perreault and Jay Beagle had been assigned to HERSHEY. Both players are expected to be available Sunday for the exhibition season finale against the Admirals. The Chocolate and White will officially open its defense of the Calder Cup next Saturday, October 3 when Norfolk comes back to town for the regular season opener. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. next Saturday, with pregame presentation of player's championship rings and the raising of the 2008-09 Calder Cup banner.
- NewA Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week
- Tim McGauley Re-Assigned to Stingrays