THREE MORE ASSIGNED FROM WASHINGTON THURSDAY
09/24/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 24, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton-HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 GORDON, OSALA AND WILSON ASSIGNED TO BEARS FROM WASHINGTON THREE MORE PLAYERS FROM LAST SEASON'S CALDER CUP CHAMPIONS HEADED TO CHOCOLATETOWN, BEARS OPEN PRESEASON FRIDAY NIGHT AT HOME HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the Washington Capitals that three players have been assigned out of NHL camp to HERSHEY. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Right wing Andrew Gordon, left wing Oskar Osala and center Kyle Wilson were assigned Thursday. All three players were members of HERSHEY'S 2009 Calder Cup champion squad, with Wilson and Gordon each participating in all 80 regular season games last year. Osala, in his second year in North America, was the American Hockey League's rookie of the month last November. Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. The BEARS will open the 2009 preseason on Friday, September 25 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:00 p.m. at GIANT Center, and will also host the Norfolk Admirals in exhibition play on Sunday, September 27 at 5:00 p.m. Tickets for both games are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. The BEARS will officially open its defense of the Calder Cup on Saturday, October 3, hosting the Admirals at GIANT Center in the 2009-10 regular season opener. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m.
- NewContracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week