CAPITALS ASSIGN SIX PLAYERS TO HERSHEY
09/22/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 22, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton-HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 WASHINGTON ASSIGNS SIX PLAYERS TO HERSHEY FIVE MEMBERS OF LAST SEASON'S CALDER CUP CHAMPIONS RETURN TO CHOCOLATETOWN, INCLUDING DEFENSEMAN JOHN CARLSON HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the Washington Capitals that six players have been assigned out of NHL camp to HERSHEY. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Goaltender Jason Bacashihua has been assigned from camp in Arlington, after signing with the BEARS this past summer. HERSHEY also received five players who all saw time with the Chocolate and White during the 2008-09 season on the way to a Calder Cup title. Forwards Steve Pinizzotto, Andrew Joudrey and Francois Bouchard, along with defensemen Patrick McNeill and John Carlson were also assigned Tuesday. Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. The BEARS will open the 2009 preseason on Friday, September 25 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:00 p.m. at GIANT Center, and will also host the Norfolk Admirals in exhibition play on Sunday, September 27 at 5:00 p.m. Tickets for both games are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. The BEARS will officially open its defense of the Calder Cup on Saturday, October 3, hosting the Admirals at GIANT Center in the 2009-10 regular season opener. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m.
- NewGame Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- NewBears Top Sound Tigers 5-2 in Home Opener
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #1
- Bears Recall Leach From South Carolina
- Vanecek Strong In Losing Effort as Bears Fall 3-0 In Binghamton
- Tonight's Game Preview: Bears at Senators
- Vrana's Two Goals Not Enough as Bears Fall in Rochester, 5-4
- Tonight's Game Preview: Bears at Americans
- Washington Capitals Extend Affiliation with Hershey Bears
- Hershey Bears' Current Training Camp Roster