BEARS RELEASE 2009 PRESEASON SCHEDULE
08/04/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 3, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton - HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS ANNOUNCE 2009 PRESEASON SCHEDULE HERSHEY TO PLAY THREE GAME EXHIBITION SLATE PRIOR TO UPCOMING 2009-2010 REGULAR SEASON, PRESEASON TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY, AUGUST 10 AT 10:00 A.M. HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today the schedule of games that will make up the 2009 preseason schedule. The announcement as made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. The BEARS will play two home games prior to the 2009-10 regular season at GIANT Center. HERSHEY will host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday, September 25 at 7:00 p.m. before welcoming the Norfolk Admirals to town on Sunday, September 27 at 5:00 p.m. The home games will be the first opportunity for fans to see this year's team, whose roster includes Bryan Helmer, Boyd Kane and Keith Aucoin. The Chocolate and White will also play one road game during the preseason, facing off with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at Wachovia Arena. The game in Wilkes-Barre Township will be Saturday, September 26 at 7:05p.m. Tickets are on sale for the 2009 preseason games at GIANT Center starting Monday, August 10 at 10:00 a.m. at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. General admission tickets are $10, with groups of 15 or more able to purchase tickets for $7. Season ticket plans for the upcoming 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR, with plans starting at $145. The 2009-10 regular season schedule is expected to be released by the American Hockey League later this month.
- NewContracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week