GRANT MCNEILL BACK IN CHOCOLATETOWN FOR 2009-10
07/29/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 29, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 GRANT MCNEILL SIGNED BY HERSHEY FOR UPCOMING 2009-10 CAMPAIGN VERSATILE AND RUGGED SKATER BRINGS TOUGHNESS BACK TO CHOCOLATE AND WHITE LINEUP HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today the signing of forward/defenseman Grant McNeill to a contract for the upcoming 2009-10 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. A native of Vermilion, Alberta, McNeill returns to HERSHEY after accumulating 137 penalty minutes in just 25 games in 2008-09, which ranked him second on the club in that category. In two seasons in a Chocolate and White sweater, he has piled up 202 minutes worth of penalties in just 37 games played. McNeill played in one Calder Cup playoff game in 2009, scoring a goal against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in Game 4 of the East Division Finals. Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Several ticket plans are available. The 2009-10 schedule will be released by the American Hockey League in early August.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins
- Sanford and Vrana Recalled by Washington
- Bears Recall Kelly Zajac from South Carolina
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Tom Gilbert