DARREN REID RETURNS FOR 2009-10
07/24/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 24, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS SIGN RIGHT WING DARREN REID FOR 2009-10 SEASON WINGER WON CALDER CUP IN HIS FIRST SEASON IN CHOCOLATETOWN HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today the club has signed right wing Darren Reid to a contract for the upcoming 2009-10 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Reid, 26, returns for his second season in HERSHEY after helping the BEARS win the 2009 Calder Cup championship. A native of Lac La Biche, Alberta, Reid scored three goals in seven games during the 2009 postseason after accumulating 61 penalty minutes in 38 regular season games for the Chocolate and White. In addition to his time in the American Hockey League, Reid has also played in 21 games in the NHL with the Tampa Bay Lightning and Philadelphia Flyers. Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Several ticket plans are available. The 2009-10 schedule will be released by the American Hockey League in early August.
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest