HERSHEY NAMES TROY MANN AS TEAM'S NEW ASSISTANT COACH
07/13/2009 - FORMER ECHL HEAD COACH COMES TO CHOCOLATETOWN TO ASSIST HEAD COACH MARK FRENCH HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today that Troy Mann has been named the team's new assistant coach, serving with head coach Mark French. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Mann comes to HERSHEY after serving as associate head coach of the Charlotte Checkers (ECHL) in 2008-09. Prior to his stint with the Checkers, Mann was the head coach of the Columbia Inferno (ECHL) for two seasons from 2006-08. As a player, Mann won the ECHL's Kelly Cup while playing for the Mississippi Sea Wolves in 1998-99. He was a teammate of current Washington Capitals assistant coach Bob Woods that season, and the pair both played for current Capitals head coach Bruce Boudreau during that championship run. Mann scored a career-high 33 goals for Mississippi during the 1996-97 campaign. Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Several ticket plans are available. The 2009-10 schedule will be released by the American Hockey League in early August.
- Schedule for Opening Week of Training Camp
- Bears Sign Five to Professional Tryout Agreements
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Dylan Margonari
- Broadcast Blog: The Countdown is On
- Filepas Named Assistant Equipment Manager
- Bears Announce 2017-18 Promo Schedule
- Preseason Tickets On Sale Now!
- Statement on the Passing of Kenneth V. Hatt
- Bears Sign Defender Tommy Hughes
- Outdoor Classic Tickets On Sale Now!