BEARS ANNOUNCE GRID OF OPPONENTS FOR UPCOMING 2009-10 SEASON
07/07/2009 - FOUR GAMES WITH WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPION MANITOBA MOOSE, 12 GAMES WITH IN-STATE RIVAL WILKES-BARRE/SCRANTON AMONG HIGHLIGHTS HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today the team's opponents for the upcoming 2009-10 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. The 2009-10 season has seen a shift in alignment in the East Division, with the addition of the Syracuse Crunch and the move of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers to the Atlantic Division. The Adirondack Phantoms, relocated this offseason from Philadelphia, remain in the East for the upcoming campaign. The BEARS will play the following teams in 2009-10, with an equal number of games both at GIANT Center and in the opponent's arena: East Division: Adirondack: 4/4 Albany: 4/4 Binghamton: 4/4 Norfolk: 5/5 Syracuse: 3/3 WB/Scranton: 6/6 North Division: Lake Erie: 1/1 Manitoba: 2/2 Rochester: 2/2 Toronto: 1/1 Atlantic Division: Bridgeport: 1/1 Hartford: 1/1 Lowell: 1/1 Manchester: 1/1 Portland: 1/1 Providence: 1/1 Springfield: 1/1 Worcester: 1/1 Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Several ticket plans are available. The 2009-10 schedule will be released by the American Hockey League in early August.
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins
- Sanford and Vrana Recalled by Washington
- Bears Recall Kelly Zajac from South Carolina
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Tom Gilbert
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #17
- Cannata Re-Assigned to South Carolina