COYOTES ADD LEPISTO
06/29/2009 - From theahl.com The Phoenix Coyotes, parent club of the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, have acquired defenseman Sami Lepisto from the Washington Capitals in exchange for a fifth-round draft choice in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, and defenseman Shaun Heshka from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for their seventh-round choice (187th overall) in the 2009 Entry Draft. Lepisto, 24, recorded four assists in seven games with the Capitals last season. He also appeared in 70 games with Hershey of the American Hockey League (AHL) where he registered four goals and 38 assists for 42 points to lead all Hershey defensemen in scoring. Lepisto also ranked tied for thrid on the team with a plus-24 rating and fourth on the team with 38 assists. His 42 points ranked tied for 11th among all AHL defensemen. In 2007-08, the 6-foot-1, 195-pound Lepisto played in seven games with Washington while collecting his first NHL point (assist) vs. Atlanta on Mar. 14, 2008. He also appeared in 55 games for Hershey, registering 4-41-45 to lead the team in assists and rank ninth in scoring among AHL defensemen. His plus-29 rating led Hershey and ranked third in the AHL. Prior to coming to North America for the 2007-08 season, Lepisto played four seasons of professional hockey in Finland for Jokerit. A native of Espoo, Finland, Lepisto played in seven games for Finland at the 2008 World Championship and won a bronze medal with Team Finland at the 2004 World Junior Championship. Lepisto was originally selected by Washington in the third round (66th overall) of the 2004 Entry Draft.
- NewLindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here
- Bears Fall to Phantoms in Season Opener, 7-2