QUINTIN LAING UNDER CONTRACT FOR 2009-10
06/17/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 17, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS SIGN QUINTIN LAING FOR UPCOMING 2009-10 SEASON LAING BACK IN THE FOLD AFTER WINNING HIS FIRST CALDER CUP WITH HERSHEY LAST WEEK, SEASON TICKETS FOR 2009-10 ON SALE NOW HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today that left wing Quintin Laing has been signed for the upcoming 2009-10 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Laing, 30, returns after first making his HERSHEY debut in 2006-07. The Rosetown, SK native has made two trips to the Calder Cup Finals in the last three seasons, and was a part of his first Cup winner this past Friday as the BEARS defeated the Manitoba Moose four games to two. Laing played one game for Washington this past season, suffering a torn spleen in the game on March 19 at Tampa Bay. He returned in May to help guide the BEARS to its 10th Calder Cup in franchise history. Laing was originally drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in the fourth round of the 1997 NHL Entry Draft. Season tickets for the upcoming 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Several ticket plans are available. The BEARS will announce its schedule for the upcoming 2009-10 season in early August.
- NewLindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here
- Bears Fall to Phantoms in Season Opener, 7-2