BEARS AND MOOSE ANNOUNCE CALDER CUP FINAL SCHEDULE
05/26/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 25, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS CLAIM 2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY WITH WIN OVER BRUINS HERSHEY ADVANCES TO 2009 CALDER CUP FINALS AGAINST WEST CHAMPION MANITOBA, THIRD FINALS APPEARANCE IN FOUR YEARS FOR CHOCOLATE AND WHITE HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the American Hockey League that the club will face the Manitoba Moose in the 2009 Calder Cup Finals. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. The BEARS won the 2009 Eastern Conference Championship Monday with a 5-2 win over the Providence Bruins at Dunkin Donuts Center. Manitoba, the 2009 Western Conference Champions, defeated the Houston Aeros 3-1 Monday night at MTS Centre to advance. HERSHEY will make an American Hockey League record 21st trip to the Calder Cup Finals, while the Moose will be in the AHL's championship round for the first time. The schedule for the 2009 Calder Cup Finals is as follows: Game 1: Saturday, May 30 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre Game 2: Tuesday, June 2 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre Game 3: Saturday, June 6 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center Game 4: Sunday, June 7 at HERSHEY 5:00 p.m. GIANT Center *Game 5: Tuesday, June 9 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center *Game 6: Friday, June 12 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre *Game 7: Sunday, June 14 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre Tickets for Game 3 and Game 4 of the Calder Cup Finals at GIANT Center are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office or by phone at (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Toronto at Hershey, 7 p.m.
- NewBears Dominate Hartford with 6-1 Win
- Game Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.