BEARS AND MOOSE ANNOUNCE CALDER CUP FINAL SCHEDULE
05/26/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 25, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS CLAIM 2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY WITH WIN OVER BRUINS HERSHEY ADVANCES TO 2009 CALDER CUP FINALS AGAINST WEST CHAMPION MANITOBA, THIRD FINALS APPEARANCE IN FOUR YEARS FOR CHOCOLATE AND WHITE HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the American Hockey League that the club will face the Manitoba Moose in the 2009 Calder Cup Finals. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. The BEARS won the 2009 Eastern Conference Championship Monday with a 5-2 win over the Providence Bruins at Dunkin Donuts Center. Manitoba, the 2009 Western Conference Champions, defeated the Houston Aeros 3-1 Monday night at MTS Centre to advance. HERSHEY will make an American Hockey League record 21st trip to the Calder Cup Finals, while the Moose will be in the AHL's championship round for the first time. The schedule for the 2009 Calder Cup Finals is as follows: Game 1: Saturday, May 30 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre Game 2: Tuesday, June 2 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre Game 3: Saturday, June 6 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center Game 4: Sunday, June 7 at HERSHEY 5:00 p.m. GIANT Center *Game 5: Tuesday, June 9 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center *Game 6: Friday, June 12 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre *Game 7: Sunday, June 14 at Manitoba 8:30 p.m. MTS Centre Tickets for Game 3 and Game 4 of the Calder Cup Finals at GIANT Center are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office or by phone at (717) 534-3911.
- Bears Can't Overcome Penguins in 6-4 Loss
- Game Preview: Hershey at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 3:05 p.m.
- Walker Leads Bears to 4-2 Win on St. Patrick's Day
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Earn 3-2 Comeback Win Over Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bindulis Joins Bears from South Carolina
- Capitals Re-Assign Bowey to Bears
- Weekly Release #23: Banged-Up Bears Search For Offense
- Bears Fall 3-0 for Second Straight Night