BEARS AND BRUINS TO MEET IN EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
05/13/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 13, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 HERSHEY TO MEET PROVIDENCE BRUINS IN 2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS FIRST EVER POSTSEASON MEETING BETWEEN BEARS AND BRUINS, GAMES 1 AND 2 SET FOR GIANT CENTER THIS WEEKEND BEFORE SHIFTING TO RHODE ISLAND HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the American Hockey League that the club will face the Providence Bruins in the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. The BEARS won the East Division playoff championship Tuesday night, defeating the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins four games to three. Providence defeated the Worcester Sharks Wednesday night to claim the Atlantic Division playoff championship four games to two. The 2009 Eastern Conference Final marks the first-ever Calder Cup playoff meeting between the two clubs. The schedule for the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals is as follows: Game 1: Saturday, May 16 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center Game 2: Sunday, May 17 at HERSHEY 5:00 p.m. GIANT Center Game 3: Friday, May 22 at Providence 7:05 p.m. Dunkin Donuts Center Game 4: Sunday, May 24 at Providence 7:05 p.m. Dunkin Donuts Center *Game 5: Monday, May 25 at Providence 4:05 p.m. Dunkin Donuts Center *Game 6: Wednesday, May 27 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center *Game 7: Thursday, May 28 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center *if necessary Tickets for Game 1 and Game 2 at GIANT Center are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office or by phone at (717) 534-3911. The appearance is the third time in the last four seasons that the BEARS have advanced into the third round of the Calder Cup playoffs.
- Tickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule