BEAGLE RECALLED, ALZNER ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
05/08/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 8, 2009 Capitals Recall Jay Beagle from Hershey, Assign Alzner ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled forward Jay Beagle from the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears and assigned defenseman Karl Alzner to Hershey, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Beagle, 23, is a second-year pro who stands 6'3", 208 pounds. He made his NHL debut on Feb. 11 at the New York Rangers and has played three NHL games this year. Beagle has played in 47 games for Hershey this season, recording four goals and five assists. He has one goal and one assist in seven playoff games for Hershey this year. The Capitals signed Beagle, a Calgary, Alberta, native, as a free agent on March 26, 2008, toward the end of his first season in Hershey. Beagle wears No. 83 in Washington and is eligible to make his NHL postseason debut today in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He had 19 goals and 37 points in 64 games as an AHL rookie last season. He spent two seasons at Alaska Anchorage (WCHA) before turning pro and signing with Idaho in the ECHL.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #23
- Copley Steals Show in Hershey's 2-1 Win at St. John's
- Game Preview: Hershey at St. John's, 2:30 p.m.
- Win Streak Snapped in 4-3 Loss to St. John's
- Game Preview: Bears at IceCaps, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Capitals Recall Forward Paul Carey
- Bears Beat Senators 3-1, Win 10th Straight at Home
- Game Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #22
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Hershey