BEARS LOOK TO ADVANCE FRIDAY NIGHT
04/23/2009 - HERSHEY will try to advance to the 2009 East Division Finals Friday night, facing off with the Philadelphia Phantoms in Game 4 of the East Division Semi-Finals at 7:00 p.m. The BEARS lead the series three games to none, with a chance not only to win the series in four straight games, but the Chocolate and White look to put an end to the franchise from down the Turnpike Friday. After 13 seasons of AHL hockey in the Delaware valley, the Phantoms are leaving south Philadelphia after this season, most likely to Glens Falls, New York. The BEARS scored twice in the first period, and edged the Phantoms 3-2 Wednesday night in Game 3 of this East Division Semi-Final series. Staffan Kronwall and Mathieu Perreault accounted for the first period markers in Game 3, and Alexandre Giroux added his second goal in as many games to account for the game-winner. Goaltender Michal Neuvirth made 25 saves to record his third straight victory in this best-of-seven series, keeping his playoff goals against average at an even 2.00. The other East Division Semi-Final pits the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The Penguins lead the series three games to one in a best-of seven that has seen the road team win every game so far. Game 5 of the series is Friday night at Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre Township. The winner of the Penguins/Sound Tigers matchup will meet the winner of the HERSHEY/Philadelphia series in the 2009 East Division Finals. Friday's Game 4 can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton and Ed Coffey have the call of the action from GIANT Center. Call (717) 534-3911 for ticket availability and information.
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest