BEARS TO PLAY BEST-OF-SEVEN AGAINST PHILADELPHIA
04/13/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 13, 2009 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS CLINCH 2008-09 EAST DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCE DATES FOR 2009 EAST DIVISION SEMI-FINAL SECOND EAST CROWN IN THREE SEASONS, BEARS ANNOUNCE DATES FOR 2009 EAST DIVISION SEMI-FINALS VS. PHILADELPHIA PHANTOMS HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the American Hockey League that the club will face the Philadelphia Phantoms in the 2009 East Division Semi-Finals. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. The schedule for the 2009 East Division Semi-Finals is as follows: Game 1: Thursday, April 16 at Philadelphia 7:05 p.m. Wachovia Spectrum Game 2: Saturday, April 18 at Philadelphia 7:05 p.m. Wachovia Spectrum Game 3: Wednesday, April 22 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center Game 4: Friday, April 24 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center Game 5: (if Necessary) Saturday, April 25 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center Game 6: (if Necessary) Sunday, April 26 at Philadelphia 5:05 p.m. Wachovia Spectrum Game 7: (if Necessary) Tuesday, April 28 at HERSHEY 7:00 p.m. GIANT Center Please note that all Calder Cup playoff series are best of seven. The division championship is HERSHEY'S second in the last three seasons, having also won the 2006-07 East Division title under head coach Bruce Boudreau. It's the first AHL division championship for head coach Bob Woods and assistant coach Mark French. Tickets for the first two playoff games at GIANT Center are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office or by phone at (717) 534-3911.
- NewA Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week
- Tim McGauley Re-Assigned to Stingrays