CAPITALS SIGN DEFENSEMAN JOE FINLEY
04/02/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – April 2, 2009 Capitals Sign Defenseman Joe Finley ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have signed defenseman Joe Finley to a two-year entry-level contract beginning next season, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. In keeping with club policy terms of the deal were not disclosed. Finley, 21, will join the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL) on Monday. Finley skated in 27 games for the University of North Dakota this year and recorded two goals and eight assists. He missed 16 games with an injury. The 6'7", 240-pound Edina, Minn., native was a four-time letter winner for North Dakota and helped the Fighting Sioux advance to the Frozen Four in each of his first three years of college. He recorded 35 points (seven goals, 28 assists) in 154 career games and led the team in plus/minus during his sophomore and junior years. He was named to the All-WCHA Academic Team three times. He played one season with the Sioux Falls Stampede of the United States Hockey League before college and recorded 13 points (three goals, 10 assists) and 181 penalty minutes in 55 games. Finley was Washington's first-round choice, 27th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- Tickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule